January 20, 2021
We are seeking candidates for a full-time Financial and Administrative Officer position. The Officer will work independently on assigned office tasks, including primary responsibility for the Foundation’s supporting organizations and Affordable Housing Trust Fund, and as a member of the finance and administration team to support those functions throughout office operations. Basic requirements include a bachelor’s degree with the education and experience necessary to perform accounting activities as well as possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The position requires an ability and willingness to work with others in a team-oriented structure and to perform a variety of tasks, ranging from detail-oriented financial and administrative work to higher-level organizational planning and strategy. The candidate must be comfortable working with a diverse group of office staff, board members, prospects, donors, grantees, and volunteers to help accomplish the strategic plan of the Foundation.
To accomplish the performance objectives, the Officer must exhibit the following attributes, skills, and qualifications:
- Excellent organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- A superior working knowledge of databases, Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access), website maintenance, Microsoft Windows, and other software systems.
- Competency in interpreting financial statements and entering accounting transactions.
- Proficient writing and proofing/editing skills.
- Good verbal skills and comfort level in presenting to boards of directors.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and desire to work within a team-environment and with diverse individuals.
- A bachelor’s degree and three years' experience in business, nonprofit operational and financial management, or related areas.
- Serve as primary liaison with the Foundation’s supporting organizations, which involves representing the Foundation at their board meetings, preparing minutes, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations, organizing corporate records and documents, and performing supporting organization accounting activity, preparing their financial statements, and incorporating that activity into the Foundation’s accounting system.
- Administer the Foundation’s Affordable Housing Trust Fund by working closely with its advisory board, preparing all necessary administrative, grant, and financial information for advisory board meetings, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations, maintaining the online grant application portal and processing grant and loan applications and awards, working closely with grantees to manage all aspects of grant and credit line activity, and maintaining the Foundation’s Affordable Housing Trust Fund portion of the website.
- Process gifts and prepare gift acknowledgment letters and other gift-related correspondences.
- Assist with the maintenance of an accurate and current database that includes contact and mailing information, donor and grantee data, a complex accounting system, and a unitized investment platform.
- Assist with preparing information for the Foundation’s annual audit, federal tax returns, and other required reports.
- Work with the Foundation’s various investment accounts, including monthly and quarterly account reconciliations, compiling and recording journal entries, and preparing financial statements.
- Design or customize reports, extract information from databases, and prepare various electronic and written communications.
- Assist with services to fundholders, including fund reporting and responding to fundholder requests and inquiries as needed.
- Assist with development, documentation, and implementation of office procedures.
- Prepare lists for periodic bulk mailings.
- Provide support in preparation for board and committee meetings.
- Perform general tasks, including photocopying, scanning, filing, making file folders, and maintaining electronic and written office records.
- Assist in various office projects and tasks as needed.
Please email written inquiries and resumes (with cover letter and list of employment references) to:
Director of Finance + Administration
EMAIL PREFERRED; PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES.
Position available immediately, but search will be kept open until appropriate candidate is identified.
EAST TENNESSEE FOUNDATION RESPECTS, CELEBRATES, AND ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY THAT POSITIVELY CONTRIBUTES TO THE COMMUNITY. ETF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE IN EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, FAMILY STATUS, AGE, DISABILITY, COVERED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAW. ETF ENCOURAGES ITS GRANTEE AND PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS TO ADHERE TO THESE PRINCIPLES.