Resources + Tools
East Tennessee Foundation strives to help donors realize their philanthropic dreams and leave a lasting philanthropic legacy. Like you, we focus on the donor’s goals and look for ways to make sure a donor’s intent is followed to the greatest extent legally possible.
Here are a few tools and resources you may find helpful in explaining to your client how ETF can help accomplish their charitable goals. For further detail, please contact us as our staff is happy to meet with you and/or your client at your convenience.
- Planning a bequest to establish a fund? Check out our sample bequest language for different types of funds. Please also contact us so we may work with you and your client to prepare a fund agreement in order to guide ETF on the fund’s administration after we receive the testamentary gift.
- Our Guide to Charitable Giving is an essential tool for professional advisors and donors.
- The Power of an ETF Endowment (PDF) – This table illustrates how far an initial gift of $50,000 in 1987 (our first full fiscal year) would go (as of the end of last year) by showing the total amount of grants that could have been paid according to our payout rate and the remaining fund balance, as adjusted for inflation.
- Attention Professional Investment Advisors! If your client is considering creating a fund of $250,000 or more, you may be interested in our Investment Alliance Program. Learn the basics of this option by reviewing our brochure (PDF) or, for more detailed information, see Appendix C to ETF's Investment Policies (Word doc).
- 2018 Year-End Tax Planning National Wealth Planning Stragegies Group, U.S. Trust Whitepaper