CNS Y-12 Community Investment Fund
CNS Y-12 Grantee Reception Video
A Corporate Donor Advised Fund of East Tennessee Foundation
Consolidated Nuclear Security, LLC (CNS), the contractor at Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, TN, and the Pantex Plant in Amarillo, TX, established funds at East Tennessee Foundation and Amarillo Area Foundation as part of their commitment to the host communities of Amarillo and Oak Ridge, as well as their local counties and regions.
By establishing the CNS Y-12 Community Investment Fund at ETF, CNS has created opportunities for its employees to award grants benefiting nonprofit organizations in their 20-county service area in East Tennessee, which includes but is not limited to the City of Oak Ridge, and Anderson and Roane counties. (20 counties
: Anderson, Blount, Campbell, Claiborne, Cocke, Cumberland, Grainger, Hamblen, Jefferson, Knox, Loudon, McMinn, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan, Rhea, Roane, Scott, Sevier, Union)
With the leadership of an employee-based CNS Y-12 Investment Advisory Committee, CNS employees have the opportunity to recommend grant support where the need is the greatest and the resources are best allocated.
The online application was available April 25, 2018
, and the submission deadline was May 23, 2018.
Grant Amounts and Term
Grants will be awarded in fall 2018
for one-year terms and generally range from $2,000 - $15,000
Who May Apply
Please note the following exceptions:
Funding preference will be given to proposals that effectively address one or more of the following priorities:
- Because CNS Y-12 is a donor advised fund, applicant organizations are not required to provide their most recent financial statements and/or audit and/or IRS Form 990; current year operating budget; or list of current board of directors
- Grant funds may be requested to support capital improvements for Historic & Cultural Preservation projects, as described below
- Historic & Cultural Preservation: Projects/programs that identify and protect places, objects, and stories that create our region's historic and/or cultural identity. This may include preserving oral histories; promoting historic and cultural walking tours; organizing historic and cultural festivals; teaching historic trades, folklore, and crafts; organizing cemetery clean-up projects; or supporting restoration projects.
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse: Projects/programs related to individuals' psychological or emotional well-being; and or excessive use of a controlled or illegal substance (alcohol, narcotics, etc.) without medical justification. Mental health and substance abuse are often interrelated. This may include prevention, public education, and treatment programs; programs that address Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome; programs helping homeless populations; or programs for veterans suffering from PTSD and other issues.
How to Apply
Please direct your questions to:
Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
(865) 524-1223 or toll-free (877) 524-1223
Thank you for your interest in CNS Y-12 Community Investment Fund