The John D. Grubb and Louise G. Sumner Fund for Monroe County
An Affiliate Fund of East Tennessee Foundation
The John D. Grubb and Louise G. Sumner Fund for Monroe County (Fund for Monroe County) was established through a generous gift by Monroe County natives, John and his sister, Louise. Louise and John’s desire to help secure advanced educational opportunities for students and leave a philanthropic legacy dedicated to improving the lives of residents of Monroe County became a reality in 1998 with the establishment of a permanent charitable endowment for Monroe County. The Fund was created to benefit the economic, social, cultural and educational well-being of Monroe County residents and their communities. Grants from the Fund are intended to encourage creative use of area resources and contribute to the quality of life of Monroe County residents.
The online application will be available March 9, 2018. The submission deadline is April 9, 2018.
Grant Amounts and Term
Grants ranging from $2,500 to $10,000 will be awarded in June 2018 for two-year terms.
Who May Apply
Special consideration will be given to:
- General Eligibility and Funding Criteria
- Additional eligibility criteria specific to the Fund for Monroe County:
- Applicant organizations must have a local presence in Monroe County; directly serve people who live and work in Monroe County; and have Monroe County citizen involvement in the organization as volunteers, staff or board members.
- Salary or administrative support must not exceed 30% of the funding requested.
How to Apply
- Organizations that collaborate as they engage in projects that benefit Monroe County and its communities
Please direct your questions to:
, Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs, or
, Program Assistant
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223
To Make a Donation to this Fund
for information about making a donation to the Fund for Monroe County through our automated giving site or by mailing a check.
Thank you for your interest in the Fund for Monroe County!