Jefferson Health Care Foundation Fund
The Jefferson Health Care Foundation (JHCF) Fund of East Tennessee Foundation was established in 2014 as a field-of-interest fund to improve healthcare and well-being for Jefferson County residents.
The online application will be available August 10, 2017
. The submission deadline is September 15, 2017
Grant Amount and Term
Grants will be awarded in the fall of 2017 for one-year terms and generally range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $50,000
Technical Assistance Workshop
Interested organizations are encouraged to attend a technical assistance workshop which will provide valuable insight into the grantmaking process and the type of programs that JHCF seeks to fund. The workshop will be on Tuesday, August 22, 2017
from 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. at Jefferson City Public Library,
108 City Center Drive. Attendance is encouraged but not required for funding consideration.
Who May Apply
- Although proposals must directly relate to the healthcare and well-being needs of Jefferson County residents, organizations do not have to reside in Jefferson County in order to be eligible to apply.
Areas of Focus
Funding priorities are intentionally broad so that applicants can exercise creativity and innovation in how they define and address healthcare and well-being issues for Jefferson County residents.
Special funding consideration will be given to projects that extend healthcare and well-being opportunities to low-income and under-served residents in Jefferson County.
Example projects/programs may include those that:
Provide affordable and accessible healthcare (i.e. physical and mental health, dental and vision care)
- Address healthcare workforce shortages that impact access to care
- Provide assistance for residents without available or reliable transportation to medical appointments and healthcare facilities
- Improve poor “health literacy” which impacts patients’ ability to understand health information and instructions
- Provide preventive services including early detection of health issues
- Address opioid drug addiction
- Purchase essential medical equipment
- Provide residents with access to affordable, healthy food, and/or gardening supplies
- Increase residents’ well-being and comfort by providing warm clothing, air conditioners, and/or heaters
- Promote healthy behaviors and lifestyles
How to Apply
Please direct your questions to:
Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or toll-free (877) 524-1223
Thank you for your interest in the Jefferson Health Care Foundation