Kingsport Community Foundation
An Affiliate Fund of East Tennessee Foundation
Kingsport Community Foundation is a philanthropic organization governed by a local board of directors. Our mission is to help donors maximize their contributions to the community by awarding grants that enrich lives and strengthen the Greater Kingsport Community forever.
Grants will be made to established organizations located within the Greater Kingsport Community in Sullivan County that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Grants will be considered for new and/or emerging groups that have an established nonprofit organization as a fiscal sponsor.
- Under special circumstances, grants will be made to institutions outside the Greater Kingsport Community in Sullivan County for programs that are operated within or provide direct benefit to residents.
- Applicant organizations must be operated and organized so as to not discriminate on the basis of race, age, gender economic circumstances or other characteristics as identified in East Tennessee Foundation’s Non-Discrimination Policy Statement.
- Applicant organizations must have Greater Kingsport Community citizen involvement in the organization as volunteers, members or board members.
- While grantees are eligible to apply for continued support, multi-year funding is not guaranteed.
Areas of Focus
Successful applicants will propose projects or programs that address one or more of the following issues:
- Health/ Wellness
- Community Development/Improvement
Grants will not be awarded in 2015
. Future funding opportunities will be publicized at a later date.
How to Apply
For More Information
Please address your questions to:
Director of Competitive Grant Programs
East Tennessee Foundation
625 Market Street
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865)524-1223; toll-free (877)524-1223
Thank you for your interest in the Kingsport Community Foundation.