Norris Area Community Foundation
An Affiliate Fund of East Tennessee Foundation
The idea for a Norris Area community foundation first arose when a Norris citizen, after learning about a community foundation in Montana, realized that a community foundation provides for an area's charitable and philanthropic needs. After hearing about the potential of a Norris Area community foundation, the Norris Lions Club formed a committee to explore the creation of a Foundation for the Norris area. In April 2014, Norris Areas Community Foundation's (NACF) Kick-Off Fundraiser was held at the Museum of Appalachia.
The next grants process is tentatively scheduled to begin May 2017.
Grant Amounts and Term
Grants were awarded in May 2015.
Who May Apply
Previously, funding preference was given to proposals that:
- General Eligibility and Funding Criteria
- Additional eligibility criteria specific to Norris Area Community Foundation:
- Applicant organizations must have a local presence and propose a project that will benefit the citizens of Norris and surrounding unincorporated communities, such as Andersonville, Bethel and Fairview areas of Anderson County.
- Enhance the educational success of area students
- Enhance volunteer emergency services
- Enhance veterans' recognition, memorials and/or honors
Funding preference will be given to organizations with matching grant capabilities. (Your organization would match every $1 of NACF grant funding with $1 from another source.)
How to Apply
- Logon Page to Access LOIs, Applications and Report Forms
Please direct your questions to:
Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223
To Make a Donation to this Fund
for information about making a donation to Norris Area Community Foundation through our automated giving site or by mailing a check.
Thank you for your interest in the Norris Area