Wildlife Preservation Fund
The Wildlife Preservation Fund was established in 1991 to "foster the natural beauty of the community in which we live (Knox County) and to conserve for the general public and posterity certain areas of land in a natural state as a scenic area, a sanctuary for plants, trees, animals, birds and other wildlife, and a protected watershed."
Grant Amounts and Term
One-year grants were awarded in summer 2016. In the future, two-year grants will be awarded.
The next grants process is tentatively scheduled to begin summer 2018.
Who May Apply
- General Eligibility and Funding Criteria
- Additional eligibility criteria specific to the Wildlife Preservation Fund:
- Organizations must be located in and propose projects that benefit wildlife/the environment in Knox County (TN)
- Proposed projects must hold the premises as a natural scenic area and as a sanctuary for birds and wildlife
- There must be no improvement on or changes to the natural condition of the property and the watershed
How to Apply
Please direct your questions to:
Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223
Thank you for your interest in the Wildlife Preservation Fund