Youth Endowment Grants Program
Youth Endowment Grantee Video
East Tennessee Foundation’s Youth Endowment was created in 1987 to serve as a perpetual source of funds to address challenges affecting young people in East Tennessee. The fund supports creative solutions to problems that place our region's youth at risk. In 2017, the Foundation will focus its Youth Endowment grantmaking on helping at-risk youth gain access to more opportunities in life and acquire knowledge and skills which greatly improve their chances to be successful.
Grants will be awarded to eligible nonprofit organization or government entities within our 25-county service area whose proposed projects address one or more of the following priorities:
Disparity may result from: 1) biased treatment of ethnic and racial minority youth; 2) socioeconomic inequality; or 3) real or perceived obstacles to accessing opportunities.
Life, career, and financial skills
essential to help youth become independent and employed.
STEM educational opportunities.
The Department of Labor’s Occupational Outlook Handbook predicts that over 50% of jobs created in the future will require a background in math, science and technology.
The application process began in March 2017
- Letter of Intent (LOI) submission deadline - April 21, 2017
- Invited full application - organizations notified early July 2017
- Application submission deadline - August 11, 2017
Grant Terms and Amounts
Grants will generally range from $5,000 - $20,000
. Grants will be awarded in December 2017 for two-year terms.
Who May Apply
- General Eligibility and Funding Criteria
- Additional eligibility criteria specific to Youth Endowment:
- Applicant organizations must primarily function to serve children and youth or be an organization whose programs have demonstrated the ability to serve this population
- Organizations must be located in and serve constituents in ETF’s 25-county service area
- Under special circumstances, grant will be made to institutions outside the Foundation’s 25-county service area for programs that are operated within or provide direct benefit to residents of the 25 counties
- Salary or administrative support must not exceed 50% of the funding requested
How to Apply
Please direct your questions to:
Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223
Thank you for your interest in the Youth Endowment.