East Tennessee Foundation Scholarships
Investing in Our Region’s Future
Thanks to the generosity of our donors dedicated to investing in students' futures, we administer more than 60 scholarship funds. ETF scholarship program requirements range from financial need to scholastic achievement. Several scholarships are targeted toward specific schools or counties, students involved in certain extracurricular activities, or those who may not display the highest scholastic rankings yet still possess great potential and motivation. Others are geared toward students pursuing a specific field, such as business or nursing. Students apply to the program and, if eligible, can be awarded scholarships from one or more of these unique funds established by a variety of donors.
SCHOLARSHIP SEASON 2017
OUR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION & DEADLINE SCHEDULE HAS CHANGED!!
2017 materials and applications will be available November 1, 2016.
(The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens October 1, 2016)
2017 Scholarship Deadline: February 15, 2017
Preparing to Apply for a Scholarship:
- Determine which scholarships are available for either your county
of residence or the location of your high school by clicking on Scholarships Listed by County.
- Click on the name of the scholarship(s) to determine if you meet all the eligibility criteria.
Carefully read the Guide to Completing Your Online Scholarship Application located at How to Apply.
- You may apply for as many of the scholarships for which you meet the eligibility criteria as you wish. The applications differ and you must complete and submit the specific individual scholarship application for each scholarship for which you apply.
The Determination Process
Scholarship recipients are selected based upon the specific criteria made by each fund's donor.
Each scholarship application is reviewed for completion of all required elements. Completed applications are reviewed by a member of one of the Foundation's volunteer scholarship selection committees. After the applications have been reviewed, the Foundation's Board of Directors will review all recommendations and approve the scholarship awards.
Notification of Awards
Recipients of each scholarship will be notified by East Tennessee Foundation. While most notifications are made in May, if you have not been notified by the end of June, it means that you have not been awarded a scholarship this year.
Payment of Awards
Payments are mailed directly to the school's financial aid or bursar's office before the beginning of each semester or school year. Checks are made payable to the school and not to the individual recipient.
Scholarship award amounts listed on the website are subject to change.
Contact Beth Heller, ETF Scholarship and Program Officer at East Tennessee Foundation.
East Tennessee Foundation scholarships are administered in compliance with ETF's equal opportunity/non-discrimination policy.
Steps to Apply
1. Determine which scholarships are available for either your county of residence or the location of your high school by clicking on "Scholarships Listed by County".
2. Click on the name of the scholarship(s) to determine if you meet all the eligibility criteria.
3. Carefully read How To Apply online instructions