East Tennessee Foundation Scholarships
Investing in Our Region’s Future
Thanks to the generosity of our donors dedicated to investing in students' futures, we administer more than 60 scholarship funds. ETF scholarship program requirements range from financial need to scholastic achievement. Several scholarships are targeted toward specific schools or counties, students involved in certain extracurricular activities, or those who may not display the highest scholastic rankings yet still possess great potential and motivation. Others are geared toward students pursuing a specific field, such as business or nursing. Students apply to the program and, if eligible, can be awarded scholarships from one or more of these unique funds established by a variety of donors.
SCHOLARSHIP SEASON 2018
2018 materials and applications will be available November 1, 2017.
Application Deadline for most scholarships: February 15, 2018*
*Deadline Exceptions listed below:
Rotary Club of Oak Ridge College Founders' and Oak Ridge Rotary Club Brad Sturm Memorial Essay Contest/Scholarship: February 1, 2018
Steven L. Coffey Memorial Middle College Scholarship Applications available March 15, 2018; Application Deadline: May 12, 2018
Tennessee Judicial Conference Scholarship: Contact your law school for deadline.
Preparing to Apply for a Scholarship:
- Determine which scholarships are available for either your county
of residence or the location of your high school by clicking on Scholarships Listed by County.
- Click on the name of the scholarship(s) to determine if you meet all the eligibility criteria.
Carefully read the Guide to Completing Your Online Scholarship Application located at How to Apply.
- You may apply for as many of the scholarships for which you meet the eligibility criteria as you wish. The applications differ and you must complete and submit the specific individual scholarship application for each scholarship for which you apply.
The Determination Process
Scholarship recipients are selected based upon the specific criteria made by each fund's donor.
Each scholarship application is reviewed for completion of all required elements. Completed applications are reviewed by members of one of the Foundation's volunteer scholarship selection committees. After the applications have been reviewed, the Foundation's Board of Directors will review all recommendations and approve the scholarship awards.
Notification of Awards
East Tennessee Foundation makes every effort to notify all applicants of their status, however if you have not received notification by July first, you may assume you have not been selected to receive a scholarship.
Payment of Awards
Payments are mailed directly to the school's financial aid or bursar's office before the beginning of each semester or school year. Checks are made payable to the school and not to the individual recipient. The scholarship recipient's account will be credited by the amount of the scholarship award.
Scholarship award amounts listed on the website are subject to change.
Contact Beth Heller, Director of Scholarship Programs or Ashley Siferd, Program Assistant at East Tennessee Foundation.
East Tennessee Foundation scholarships are administered in compliance with ETF's equal opportunity/non-discrimination policy.
Steps to Apply
1. Determine which scholarships are available for either your county of residence or the location of your high school by clicking on "Scholarships Listed by County".
2. Click on the name of the scholarship(s) to determine if you meet all the eligibility criteria.
3. Carefully read How To Apply online instructions