How to Apply for East Tennessee Foundation Scholarships
- Determine which scholarships are available in the county where you live or attend high school.
- Determine whether you meet all the eligibility criteria for any/all of those scholarships.
- Click the Guide to Completing Your Online Scholarship Application link below for detailed instructions and tips for completing your application(s.)
- All ETF applications are to be completed online, except the Oak Ridge
Rotary Club Brad Sturm Memorial Essay Contest and the Tennessee Judicial
Conference Fund Scholarships.
- Click the "Apply Now" link below to access the applications.
- Submit your application(s) before the scholarship application deadline.
- You may apply for as many of the scholarships for which you meet the
eligibility criteria as you wish. The applications differ and you must
complete and submit the specific individual scholarship application for
each scholarship for which you apply.
Important Information about Online Applications:
2017 online scholarship applications available: November 1, 2017
2017 online scholarship application deadline: February 15, 2017
October 1, 2016: the Federal Student Aid Application (FAFSA) opens for all individuals wishing to pursue post-secondary education. The Student Aid Report (SAR) generated by FAFSA will be required for all need-based scholarship applications.
- Applications may either be completed in a single sitting or saved as a draft and finished at a later date.
- Save your draft applications regularly as you work to avoid loss of data!
- To upload attachments to an application, follow directions in the Guide to Completing Your Online Scholarship Application, below.
- NOTE: If your 2017 application requests income information, you will need to provide information from 2015.
- For your Letter of Recommendation, follow directions in the Guide to Completing Your Online Scholarship Application, below.
- FIRST, confirm that the teacher, other school personnel, or employer is willing to provide a letter of recommendation and obtain the email address of the recommender.
- In the Letter of Recommendation section of the application, provide the recommender's email address and send the email.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the recommendation has been received.
- Letters of recommendation must be received by the application deadline.
- An application is NOT ready to submit until:
- All required questions/fields have been completed;
- All required attachments have been uploaded; and
- Required contact information for the letter of recommendation has been entered and the email sent.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Click the 'Submit' button once your application is ready to submit.
Definitions/Explanations of Scholarship Terms:
FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- SAR: The Student Aid Report (SAR) is a paper or electronic document that summarizes the information you provided on your FAFSA and lists your EFC.
- EFC: The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is a measure of your family's financial strength and is calculated according to a formula established by law. The information you report on your FAFSA is used to calculate your EFC. Your family's taxed and untaxed income, assets, and benefits (such as unemployment or social security) are all considered in the formula. Also considered are your family size, the age of your parent(s), and the number of family members who will attend college during the year.
Prior-Prior Year Income: Income from two years ago. The FAFSA form now asks families to report income and tax information from the prior-prior year (PPY) or information from two years ago. For 2017-18 academic year, you will need to provide information from 2015.
Scholarship award amounts listed are subject to change.
Contact Beth Heller
, ETF Scholarship and Program Officer at East Tennessee Foundation.
Steps to Apply
1. Determine which scholarships are available for either your county of residence or the location of your high school by clicking on "Scholarships Listed by County".
2. Click on the name of the scholarship(s) to determine if you meet all the eligibility criteria.
3. Carefully read How To Apply online instructions