Fund for Greene County
An Affiliate Fund of East Tennessee Foundation
The Fund for Greene County was established in 1993 by a group of local donors who wanted to make a lasting commitment to the people of Greene County by developing a resource to achieve community goals and promote Greene County. The Fund for Greene County is a permanent endowment that has been created to support opportunities to advance and improve the quality of life of the residents of Greene County.
The application process has closed. As of spring 2020, details about the next application process and grant cycle have not yet been determined. Please continue to check back with ETF.
Grant Amounts and Term
Grants were awarded for one-year terms in July 2018.
Who May Apply
Additional eligibility criteria specific to the Fund for Greene County:
- Applicant organizations must serve the residents of Greene County
- Funded projects must demonstrate the potential for significant impact on the community
Areas of FocusPreference was given to proposals which address food insecurity and hunger-related issues in Greene County. These may include projects which involve one or more of the following activities:
- Growing/gardening/harvesting/packaging/selling/serving locally sourced foods
- Programs that address specific populations such as children, teens, seniors, and/or other underserved individuals
- Farm to Table initiatives (home or restaurant tables, businesses such as nursing homes, schools, hospitals, or any other entity that grows, harvests, prepares, and/or serves food)
- Farmers markets
- School backpack meal programs
- Feeding programs (summer, weekend, alternate sites such as churches, senior centers)
- Meals delivered to homes
Special consideration was given to applications in which two or more organizations demonstrated their plan to address food insecurity or hunger-related issues in Greene County through partnership and collaboration.
How to Apply
For questions about the online grant application system, please contact:
Ashley Siferd Butler, Program Officer
For questions about the Fund for Greene County, please contact:
Trudy Hughes, Vice President for Regional Advancement
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223
To Make a Donation to this Fund
Click here for information about making a donation to Fund for Greene County through our automated giving site or by mailing a check.