Fund for Greene County
An Affiliate Fund of East Tennessee FoundationThe Fund for Greene County was established in 1993 by a group of local donors who wanted to make a lasting commitment to the people of Greene County by developing a resource to achieve community goals and promote Greene County. The Fund for Greene County is a permanent endowment that has been created to support opportunities to advance and improve the quality of life of the residents of Greene County.
Grant Amounts and TermGrants were awarded for one-year terms in July 2018.
Application ProcessThe application was available March 9, 2018. The submission deadline was April 9, 2018.
Who May Apply
Additional eligibility criteria specific to the Fund for Greene County:
- Applicant organizations must serve the residents of Greene County
- Funded projects must demonstrate the potential for significant impact on the community
Areas of FocusPreference was given to proposals which address food insecurity and hunger-related issues in Greene County. These may include projects which involve one or more of the following activities:
- Growing/gardening/harvesting/packaging/selling/serving locally sourced foods
- Programs that address specific populations such as children, teens, seniors, and/or other underserved individuals
- Farm to Table initiatives (home or restaurant tables, businesses such as nursing homes, schools, hospitals, or any other entity that grows, harvests, prepares, and/or serves food)
- Farmers markets
- School backpack meal programs
- Feeding programs (summer, weekend, alternate sites such as churches, senior centers)
- Meals delivered to homes
How to Apply
Additional InformationPlease direct your questions to:
Jan Elston, Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs, or
Ashley Siferd, Program Assistant
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223
To Make a Donation to this FundClick here for information about making a donation to Fund for Greene County through our automated giving site or by mailing a check.
Thank you for your interest in the Fund for Greene County