Johnson County Community Foundation
An Affiliate Fund of East Tennessee Foundation
The Johnson County Community Foundation was established through the work of the Johnson County Champion Community Committee and the generous gifts of time, vision, and resources by a group of Johnson County residents committed to strengthening communities and improving the quality of life in Johnson County. The Foundation will support programs and projects that build community goodwill, seek to solve community challenges, and produce results that improve the quality of life for all citizens of Johnson County.
The online application will be available April 1, 2021.
The deadline to submit is May 1, 2021.
Grant Amounts and Term
Grants will be awarded in July 2021 for one-year terms and will generally range from $1,000 - $5,000.
Technical Assistance Workshop
A technical assistance workshop will be offered April 19, 2021 from 3:00-4:30pm. You may attend this optional workshop either virtually or in-person.
- The virtual option will be held via Zoom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the meeting link.
- The in-person option will be held at the Johnson County Senior Center located at 128 College Street, Mountain City, TN 37683.
If you have questions about how to use the grant application system, please contact Ashley Siferd Butler, Program Officer, at email@example.com or 865-524-1223
Who May Apply
Additional eligibility criteria specific to JCCF:
- Applicant organizations must have a local presence in Johnson County; directly serve people who live and work in Johnson County; and must have Johnson County citizen involvement in the organization as volunteers, staff, or board members
- Salary or administrative support must not exceed 30% of the funding requested
- Required: funds requested must have a 20% match. Match may be in cash, in-kind donations of goods and/or services, or a combination of both.
Areas of Focus
Successful applicants will propose innovative projects or programs that:
- Make a significant contribution to the health and welfare of Johnson County and utilize its unique assets
- Directly benefit families, women, and/or children
- Provide educational and cultural opportunities
- Support community or economic development, historic preservation, and/or environmental enhancement
- Build the capacity of the organization and its leadership to more effectively carry out its mission
How to Apply
For questions about the online grant application system, please contact:
Ashley Siferd Butler, Program Officer
For questions about the Johnson County Community Foundation, please contact:
Trudy Hughes, Vice President for Regional Advancement
Jill Murphy, Regional Advancement Officer
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223
To Make a Donation to this Fund
Click here for information about making a donation to the Johnson County Community Foundation through our automated giving site or by mailing a check.