McMinn Community Fund
An Affiliate Fund of East Tennessee Foundation
McMinn Community Fund was established in 1991 by a local donor who wanted to make a lasting commitment to the people of McMinn County by developing a resource to achieve community goals and promote McMinn County. The McMinn Community Fund is a permanent endowment that has been created to support opportunities to advance and improve the quality of life of the residents of McMinn County.
The application process has closed. As of spring 2020, details about the next application process and grant cycle have not yet been determined. Please continue to check back with ETF.
Grant Amounts and Term
Grants were awarded in May 2019 for one-year terms and generally ranged from $3,000 - $10,000.
Technical Assistance Workshop
A technical assistance workshop was not offered. If you have questions about the application process for other grant funds, please contact Ashley Siferd Butler, Program Officer, at email@example.com or 865-524-1223.
Who May Apply
Additional eligibility criteria specific to McMinn Community Fund:
- The majority of clients served must be residents of McMinn County
- Applicant organizations must have a local presence in McMinn County
- No more than 10% of funding requested may support administrative expenses
- Funding requested must have a 20% match. The match may be in cash, in-kind donation of goods and/or services, or be a combination of both
- Funded projects must demonstrate the potential for significant impact on the community via qualitative and quantitative data/information
Preference may be given to proposals which address one or more of these priorities:
- Health issues, such as obesity, teen pregnancy, drug abuse, and/or mental health, senior citizens health, or health education initiatives
- Senior citizens issues
- Education services, such as family life literacy skills, after-school programs, or remedial education
- Child welfare, such as services for at-risk youth or latch-key children
How to Apply
For questions about the online grant application system, please contact:
Ashley Siferd Butler, Program Officer
For questions about the McMinn Community Fund, please contact:
Trudy Hughes, Vice President for Regional Advancement
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223
To Make a Donation to this Fund
Click HERE for information about making a donation to McMinn Community Fund through our automated giving site or by mailing a check.