McMinn Community Fund
An Affiliate Fund of East Tennessee Foundation
McMinn Community Fund was established in 1991 by a local donor who wanted to make a lasting commitment to the people of McMinn County by developing a resource to achieve community goals and promote McMinn County. The McMinn Community Fund is a permanent endowment that has been created to support opportunities to advance and improve the quality of life of the residents of McMinn County.
Grant Amounts and Term
Grants were awarded for one-year terms in September 2016.
As of summer 2018, details about the next application process and grant cycle have not yet been determined.
Technical Assistance Workshop
A technical assistance workshop was offered in June 2016 to provide valuable insight into the grantmaking process and the types of programs that McMinn Community Fund seeks to support.
Who May Apply
Additional eligibility criteria specific to McMinn Community Fund:
- The majority of clients served must be residents of McMinn County
- No more than 10% of funding requested may support administrative expenses
- Funding requested must be matched by the applicant organization (cash match, in-kind, or a combination of both)
- Funded projects must demonstrate the potential for significant impact on the community
Projects or programs must address one or more of the following:
- Health issues - obesity; teen pregnancy; drug abuse; and/or mental health
- Senior citizens
- Education services - such as family life literacy skills; after-school programs; and remedial education
- Child welfare - such as services for at-risk youth or latch-key children
How to Apply
Please direct your questions to:
Jan Elston, Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs, or
Ashley Siferd, Program Assistant
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223
To Make a Donation to this Fund
Click HERE for information about making a donation to McMinn Community Fund through our automated giving site or by mailing a check.
Thank you for your interest in the McMinn Community Fund