Norris Area Community Foundation
An Affiliate Fund of East Tennessee Foundation
The idea for a Norris Area community foundation first arose when a Norris citizen, after learning about a community foundation in Montana, realized that a community foundation provides for an area's charitable and philanthropic needs. After hearing about the potential of a Norris Area community foundation, the Norris Lions Club formed a committee to explore the creation of a Foundation for the Norris area. In April 2014, Norris Areas Community Foundation's (NACF) Kick-Off Fundraiser was held at the Museum of Appalachia.
The application process has closed.
Grant Amounts and Term
Grants were awarded in March 2018 for one-year terms and ranged from $1,000 - $2,500.
Who May Apply
Additional eligibility criteria specific to Norris Area Community Foundation:
- Applicant organizations must have a local presence and propose a project that will benefit the citizens of Norris and the surrounding unincorporated communities of Andersonville, Bethel, and Fairview areas of Anderson County.
- Funded projects must demonstrate a significant impact on the community via qualitative and quantitative data/information.
- Funds requested must be matched by at least 10% of funding requested. The match may be in cash and/or in-kind donations of goods and services.
Funding preference will be given to proposals which embody one of the following priorities:
- Veteran recognition projects and/or services
- Education projects, programs, and/or services
- Youth suicide prevention projects, programs, and/or services
How to Apply
Please direct your questions to:
Jan Elston, Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs, or
Ashley Siferd, Program Officer
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223
To Make a Donation to this Fund
Click HERE for information about making a donation to Norris Area Community Foundation through our automated giving site or by mailing a check.