Norris Area Community Foundation
An Affiliate Fund of East Tennessee Foundation
The idea for a Norris Area community foundation first arose when a Norris citizen, after learning about a community foundation in Montana, realized that a community foundation provides for an area's charitable and philanthropic needs. After hearing about the potential of a Norris Area community foundation, the Norris Lions Club formed a committee to explore the creation of a Foundation for the Norris area. In April 2014, Norris Areas Community Foundation's (NACF) Kick-Off Fundraiser was held at the Museum of Appalachia.
The application process has closed. As of fall 2019, details about the next application process and grant cycle have not yet been determined. Please continue to check back with ETF.
Grant Amounts and Term
Grants were awarded in October 2019 for one-year terms and generally ranged from $1,000 - $2,500.
Technical Assistance Workshop
A technical assistance workshop was offered July 9, 2019 at 1:00p.m. at the Norris United Methodist Church Education Building located at 62 Ridgeway Road, Norris, TN 37828.
If you have questions about the application process or how to use the grant application system, please contact Ashley Siferd, Program Officer, at email@example.com or 865-524-1223.
Who May Apply
Additional eligibility criteria specific to Norris Area Community Foundation:
- Applicant organizations must have a local presence and propose a project that will benefit the citizens of Norris and the surrounding unincorporated communities of Andersonville, Bethel, and Fairview areas of Anderson County.
- Funded projects must demonstrate a significant impact on the community via qualitative and quantitative data/information.
- Funds requested must be matched by at least 10% of funding requested. The match may be in cash, in-kind donations of goods and services, or a combination of both.
Funding preference will be given to proposals which embody one of the following priorities:
- Youth & Young Adults
- Military Recognition
- Humane Care of Animals
- Arts with a cultural/historical perspective (all forms of art, including music)
- Community/Pedestrian Pathways & Enhancements
- Support for Seniors
How to Apply
For questions about the online grant application system, please contact:
Jan Elston, Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs, or
Ashley Siferd Butler, Program Officer
For questions about the Norris Area Community Foundation, please contact:
Trudy Hughes, Vice President for Regional Advancement
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223
To Make a Donation to this Fund
Click HERE for information about making a donation to Norris Area Community Foundation through our automated giving site or by mailing a check.