The Pat Summitt Foundation Fund
The Pat Summitt Foundation, a Fund of East Tennessee Foundation, was established by Pat and Tyler Summitt in 2011. Its mission is to award grants to nonprofit organizations that advance research for treatment and a cure, provide care and support for patients and caregivers, and educate the public about Alzheimer's disease. To learn more about the Pat Summitt Foundation's mission and fundraising efforts, please visit their website at www.patsummitt.org.
The online application will be available March 1, 2019.
The submission deadline is April 1, 2019.
Grant Amounts and Term
One-year grants will be awarded in June 2019. Grant awards range from a minimum of $10,000 to a maximum of $50,000.
Additional Eligibility specific to the Pat Summitt Foundation Fund:
- Projects must involve direct and immediate Alzheimer's patient care and/or caregiver support.
- Projects that are exclusively research based with no direct and immediate impact on Alzheimer's patient care and/or caregiver support are not eligible.
- If the organization is a chapter of a national organization:
- The chapter must be located in and directly serve residents of Tennessee;
- All grant funds must be spent in and solely benefit residents of Tennessee.
- Faith-based organizations may apply.
How to Apply
To learn more about the Pat Summitt Foundation Fund's grantmaking process, please direct your questions to:
Jan Elston, Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs, East Tennessee Foundation
To learn more about the Pat Summitt Foundation and its mission, please direct your questions to:
Patrick Wade, Executive Director, The Pat Summitt Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or toll-free (877) 524-1223