Respiratory Disease Fund
Respiratory Disease Fund 2020 grants will help ensure the continuity and sustainability of our region's organizations by awarding emergency grants through a simplified and expedited application and process to meet some of the critical Knox County, TN respiratory disease needs created by COVID-19.
East Tennessee Foundation is directing Respiratory Disease Fund applicants to complete and submit the Neighbor to Neighbor Disaster Relief Fund application. There will not be a separate Respiratory Disease Fund application this year. To apply for a grant, please see the instructions below.
The Respiratory Disease Fund was established at East Tennessee Foundation in 1991, having been derived from memorial trusts which were combined in 1974 to establish the fund. Funds from the trust are intended to be used for purposes directly related to the diagnosis, research, treatment, education, prevention, and cure of respiratory disease in Knox County, TN.
Applications are available and can be completed at any time.
At this time, there is no submission deadline. Applications will be considered for funding on a rolling, weekly basis.
Grant Amounts and Term
- Limited funding is available.
- Grants will be awarded for one-year terms.
- Funds may be used as needed by organizations to support Knox County, TN respiratory disease issues, to keep "the lights on," staff supported, and other essential operational needs.
Who May Apply
Additional eligibility criteria specific to Respiratory Disease Fund:
- Proposals must directly relate to the reduction of respiratory disease in Knox County
- Organizations do not have to reside in Knox County in order to be eligible to apply
How to Apply
Please direct your questions to:
Jan Elston, Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs, or
Ashley Siferd Butler, Program Officer
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223