Margaret M. and Harley H. Wachs Youth Leadership Fund
The Margaret M. and Harley H. Wachs Youth Leadership Fund (Wachs Youth Leadership Fund) was established in 2001 by their son, Peter, and daughter-in-law, Joy Wachs, in memory of Peter’s mother and father. The Fund was created for the benefit of young people in Johnson County to provide travel and leadership opportunities that will enhance their knowledge and expand their abilities to become active, visionary leaders of Johnson County communities.
Grant Amounts and Term and Application Deadline
Applications will be accepted year-round. There is no application deadline. Grant awards generally range from $300 to $600.
Who May Apply
Additional eligibility criteria specific to Wachs Youth Leadership Fund:
- Under special circumstances, grants will be made to institutions outside Johnson County for programs that are operated within or provide direct benefit to youth of the county
- Applicant organizations must primarily function to serve middle and high school-aged youth or be an organization whose programs have demonstrated the ability to serve this population
- Special consideration will be given to organizations whose programs engage youth through leadership skills development with community organizations, schools groups, and other youth-focused establishments
- Salary or administrative support must not exceed 30% of the funding requested
Areas of Focus
Successful applicants must engage Johnson County middle and/or high school youth in one or more of the following areas:
- Involvement in community service projects
- Participation in leadership roles
- Travel for leadership development opportunities
How to Apply
Please direct your questions to:
Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223
Thank you for your interest in the Margaret M. and Harley H. Wachs Youth Leadership Fund.