Wildlife Preservation Fund
Wildlife Preservation Fund 2020 grants will help ensure the continuity and sustainability of our region's organizations by awarding emergency grants through a simplified and expedited application and process to meet some of the critical Knox County, TN wildlife preservation needs created by COVID-19.
East Tennessee Foundation is directing Wildlife Preservation Fund applicants to complete and submit the Neighbor to Neighbor Disaster Relief Fund application. There will not be a separate Wildlife Preservation Fund application this year. To apply for a grant, please see the instructions below.
The Wildlife Preservation Fund was established in 1991 to "foster the natural beauty of the community in which we live (Knox County) and to conserve for the general public and posterity certain areas of land in a natural state as a scenic area, a sanctuary for plants, trees, animals, birds and other wildlife, and a protected watershed."
Applications are available and can be completed at any time.
At this time, there is no submission deadline. Applications will be considered for funding on a rolling, weekly basis.
Grant Amounts and Term
- Limited funding is available.
- Grants will be awarded for one-year terms.
- Funds may be used as needed by organizations to support Knox County, TN wildlife preservation issues, to keep "the lights on," staff supported, and other essential operational needs.
Who May Apply
Additional eligibility criteria specific to the Wildlife Preservation Fund:
- Organizations must be located in and propose projects that benefit wildlife/the environment in Knox County (TN)
- Proposed projects must hold the premises as a natural scenic area and as a sanctuary for birds and wildlife
- There must be no improvement on or changes to the natural condition of the property and the watershed
How to Apply
Please direct your questions to:
Jan Elston, Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs, or
Ashley Siferd Butler, Program Officer
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223