East Tennessee Foundation Scholarships
We are working to make the process to apply for an East Tennessee Foundation scholarship easier and anticipate our new Common Application will be available on November 15, 2019. The new Common Application will provide the simplicity of completing one application for over 60 scholarships! Stand Alone applications will also be available for seven additional scholarships. Please see descriptions of our Common Application and Stand Alone applications on our How to Apply page.
Investing in Our Region’s Future
Thanks to the generosity of our donors dedicated to investing in students' futures, we administer more than 65 scholarship funds. East Tennessee Foundation (ETF) scholarship program requirements range from financial need to scholastic achievement. Several scholarships are targeted toward specific schools or counties, students involved in certain extracurricular activities, or those who may not display the highest scholastic rankings yet still possess great potential and motivation. Others are geared toward students pursuing a specific field, such as business or nursing.
Most 2020 materials and applications will be available in November 2019. The application deadline for most applications is February 15, 2020*.
*The Steven L. Coffey Middle College Memorial Scholarship applications will be available March 15, 2020, and the deadline is May 15, 2020.*
*The Spenser F. Powell Memorial Law Scholarship applications will be available on April 1, 2020, and the deadline is June 1, 2020.*
Preparing to Apply for a Scholarship:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which will provide you with the Student Aid Report (SAR.) Many ETF scholarships consider the student's financial need in the selection process.
- The 2020-2021 FAFSA became available for filing on October 1, 2019.
- Please Note: If you are not eligible to submit the FAFSA due to citizenship/immigration issues, you may still apply for our scholarships. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate instructions.
- Obtain transcript(s). If your ACT/SAT test scores are not listed on your transcript, obtain your ACT/SAT test score report(s).
- Consider possible individuals to ask for a letter of recommendatjion, if requested.
- Carefully read the Guide to Completing Your Common Scholarship Application and/or Guide to Completing Your Individual Scholarship Application.
- Proceed to and carefully read the How to Apply page.
The Determination Process
Scholarship recipients are selected based upon the specific criteria made by each fund's donor.
Each scholarship application is reviewed for completion of all required elements. Completed applications are reviewed by members of one of the Foundation's volunteer scholarship selection committees. After the applications have been reviewed, the Foundation's Board of Directors will review all recommendations and approve the scholarship awards.
Notification of Awards
If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive an award packet from ETF explaining everything you need to know about your scholarship and next steps.
ETF makes every effort to notify all applicants of their status; however, if you have not received notification by July first, you may assume you have not been selected to receive a scholarship.
Payment of Awards
Payments are mailed directly to the recipient's school before the beginning of each semester or school year. Checks are made payable to the school and not to the individual recipient. The scholarship recipient's account will be credited by the amount of the scholarship award.
Scholarship award amounts listed on the website are subject to change.
East Tennessee Foundation scholarships are administered in compliance with ETF's equal opportunity/non-discrimination policy.