East Tennessee Foundation Scholarships
Investing in Our Region’s Future
Thanks to the generosity of our donors dedicated to investing in students' futures, we administer 70 scholarship funds. East Tennessee Foundation (ETF) scholarship program requirements range from financial need to scholastic achievement. Several scholarships are targeted toward specific schools or counties, students involved in certain extracurricular activities, or those who may not display the highest scholastic rankings yet still possess great potential and motivation. Others are geared toward students pursuing a specific field, such as business or nursing.
Applications for 2021 scholarships will be available November 1, 2020.
All 2020 scholarships have been awarded.
The process to apply for a 2021 East Tennessee Foundation scholarship through our Common Application will be available on November 1, 2020. The Common Application will provide the simplicity of completing one application for over 60 scholarships! Stand Alone applications will also be available for seven additional scholarships. Please see descriptions of our Common Application and Stand Alone applications on our How to Apply page.
Most 2021 materials and applications will be available in November 2020. The deadline for most applications is February 15, 2021*.
*The Steven L. Coffey Middle College Memorial Scholarship and the Spenser F. Powell Memorial Law Scholarship applications will be available April 1, 2021, and the deadline is June 1, 2021.*
Preparing to Apply for a Scholarship:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which will provide you with the Student Aid Report (SAR.) Many ETF scholarships consider the student's financial need in the selection process.
- The 2021-2022 FAFSA will be available for filing on October 1, 2020.
- Please Note: If you are not eligible to submit the FAFSA due to citizenship/immigration status, you may still apply for our scholarships. Please contact email@example.com for alternate instructions.
- Obtain transcript(s). If your ACT/SAT test scores are not listed on your transcript, obtain your ACT/SAT test score report(s).
- Consider possible individuals to ask for a letter of recommendation, if requested.
- Carefully read the Guide to Completing Your Common Scholarship Application and/or Guide to Completing Your Individual Scholarship Application.
- Carefully read the How to Apply page.
The Determination Process
Scholarship recipients are selected based upon the specific criteria of each scholarship program.
Each scholarship application is reviewed for completion of all required elements. Completed applications are reviewed by members of one of the Foundation's scholarship selection committees. Committee members recommend students to receive scholarship awards. The Foundation's Board of Directors will review all recommendations and approve the awards.
Notification of Awards
If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive an award packet from ETF explaining everything you need to know about your scholarship and next steps.
ETF makes every effort to notify all applicants of their status; however, if you have not received notification by July 1, you may assume you have not been selected to receive a scholarship.
Payment of Awards
Payments are mailed directly to the recipient's school before the beginning of each semester, trimester, or school year. Checks are made payable to the school and not to the individual recipient. The scholarship recipient's account will be credited by the amount of the scholarship award.
Scholarship award amounts listed on our website are subject to change.
East Tennessee Foundation scholarships are administered in compliance with ETF's equal opportunity/non-discrimination policy.