How to Apply for East Tennessee Foundation Scholarships
- Carefully review the Guide to Completing Your Online Scholarship Application (PDF).
- All ETF applications are to be completed online, except the Tennessee Judicial Conference Fund Scholarships.
- Click the "Apply Now" link below to access the applications.
- Submit your application(s) before the scholarship application deadline.
- You may apply for as many of the scholarships for which you meet the eligibility criteria as you wish. The applications differ and you must complete and submit the specific individual scholarship application for each scholarship for which you apply.
Important Information about Online Applications:
2019 scholarship applications available November 1, 2018*
- You will be required to complete an Eligibility Quiz after which you will be provided with a list of scholarships for which you are eligible.
- NOTE: If after completing the Eligibility Quiz, you believe you should have been eligible for additional scholarships, contact Beth Heller at email@example.com or Ashley Siferd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You do not need to complete the Eligibility Quiz in order to apply for the Steven L. Coffey Memorial Middle College Scholarship and Spenser F. Powell Memorial Law Scholarship.
- *The Steven L. Coffey Memorial Middle College Scholarship applications will be available March 15, and the deadline is May 12, 2019.*
*The Spenser F. Powell Memorial Law Scholarship applications will be available on April 1, and the deadline is June 1, 2019.*
- Applications may be completed in a single sitting or saved as a draft and finished at a later date.
- Save your draft applications regularly as you work to avoid loss of data!
- To upload attachments to an application, follow directions in the Guide to Completing Your Online Scholarship Application (PDF).
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are not eligible to submit a FAFSA due to citizenship/immigration status issues, you may still apply for our scholarships! Please contact Beth Heller at email@example.com for alternate instructions.
- For your Letter of Recommendation, follow directions in the Guide to Completing Your Online Scholarship Application (PDF).
- FIRST, confirm that the teacher, other school personnel, or employer is willing to provide a letter of recommendation and obtain the email address of the recommender.
- In the Letter of Recommendation section of the application, provide the recommender's email address and send the email.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the recommendation has been received.
- Letters of recommendation must be received by the application deadline.
- An application is NOT ready to submit until:
- All required questions/fields have been completed;
- All required attachments have been uploaded; and
- Required contact information for the letter of recommendation has been entered and the email sent.
- NOTE: While you may submit your application before your letter of recommendation is uploaded, your application is not complete until your letter has been received.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Click the "Submit" button once your application is ready to submit.
Definitions/Explanations of Scholarship Terms:
- FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is available October 1, 2018.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are not eligible to submit the FAFSA due to citizenship/immigration issues, you may still apply for our scholarships. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate instructions.
- SAR: The Student Aid Report (SAR) is a paper or electronic document that summarizes the information you provided on your FAFSA and lists your EFC.
- EFC: The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is a measure of your family's financial strength and is calculated according to a formula established by law. The information you report on your FAFSA is used to calculate your EFC. Your family's taxed and untaxed income, assets, and benefits (such as unemployment or social security) are all considered in the formula. Also considered are your family size, the age of your parent(s), and the number of family members who will attend college during the year.
Scholarship award amounts listed are subject to change.
Contact Beth Heller
, Vice President for Scholarship Programs or Ashley Siferd
, Program Officer at East Tennessee Foundation.