Gordon W. and Agnes P. Cobb Scholarship
Purpose and History
Established in 1996, through a bequest left by Agnes P. Cobb Yoakum, the Cobb Scholarship supports students pursuing a medical-related degree.
$10,000 per year award for 4 years
- Residency Requirement: Blount, Loudon, or Knox County
- Education Requirement: Graduating senior of high school located in Blount, Loudon, or Knox (TN) County, or current college/university student who graduated from a high school located in Blount, Loudon, or Knox (TN) County
- Field of Study: medical or health care related
- GPA Minimum: 3.0
- College/Enrollment Requirement: Full-time enrollment in an accredited public or private, not-for-profit college or university in the state of Tennessee
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Additional Requirements:
- Applicants from single parent families given special consideration.
- Strong work or volunteer history considered.
- High school must submit statement of number of absences over high school career.