Spenser F. Powell Memorial Law Scholarship
Purpose and History
Established in memory of Spenser F. Powell, brilliant University of Tennessee College of Law graduate, leader, and law clerk, to benefit University of Tennessee College of Law students. For more information about Spenser and the scholarship, please visit Spenserfpowell.org.
Scholarship information, including detailed descriptions and application instructions, as well as 2019 applications, will be available on our website, http://www.etf.org/scholarships, beginning April 1, 2019. The scholarship application must be completed and submitted online. The application deadline is June 1, 2019.
$1,000 one-time award for one year
- Education Requirement: Incoming first-year law student
- Undergraduate Major: Philosophy or political science preferred
- LSAT Minimum Score: 153
- College/Enrollment Requirement: University of Tennessee College of Law
- Financial Need: Demonstrated financial need is not required, but may be considered in the selection process
- Additional Requirements:
- Demonstrated leadership
- Undergraduate activities will be considered