Steven L. Coffey Memorial Scholarship
Purpose and History
Established in 1988 by Pat and David Coffey in honor of their son, a talented and successful business and family man. The intent of the scholarship is to provide assistance to students who may not display the highest scholastic rankings, yet still possess great potential and motivation.
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT): $1,000 per trimester for length of program
- Roane State Community College or Pellissippi State Community College: $1,500 per year while in community college and $2,500 per year while at a four-year post-secondary institution. Renewable for up to four years.
- Residency Requirement: Anderson County
- Education Requirement:
- Students of any age who have completed at least one semester at Roane State Community College (RSCC) or Pellissippi State Community College (PSCC). Preference will be given to those students pursuing a STEM-related field of study.
- Graduating high school seniors who intend to enroll in a Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT)
- GPA Minimum: RSCC or PSCC: 2.0; Graduating high school senior: 2.5
- College/Enrollment Requirement:
- Graduating high school senior: Enrollment in TCAT program
- Other students: Full-time enrollment at RSCC or PSCC for at least one year. May transfer to an accredited public, not-for-profit college or university in the state of Tennessee.
- Must demonstrate financial need