East Tennessee Foundation Mobilizes Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars to Combat Critical Needs Created by COVID-19
April 08, 2020
UPDATE - East Tennessee Foundation Mobilizes Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars to Combat Critical Needs Created by COVID-19
East Tennessee, April 27, 2020 – East Tennessee Foundation (ETF) has now mobilized a total of $382,220 in total grants to date from funds held by the Foundation for COVID-19 related causes as part of its #COVIDgiveWhereYouLive campaign. This includes grant recommendations made from donor advised funds, affiliate funds, field-of-interest funds and ETF’s Neighbor to Neighbor Disaster Relief Fund (N2N).
ETF has raised $351,869 in total for N2N and to date, 35 grants totaling $121,645 have been awarded in response to the COVID-19 crisis. Grants are being awarded on a weekly basis as the Foundation expedites its funding to support nonprofits and the people they serve. The grants from N2N are designated to help nonprofit organizations meet critical needs (food and medical supplies), services (utilities and rent/mortgage payments), and supplies (personal care items), particularly for low-income families.
Grants from N2N have been awarded to the following organizations:
- A Secret Safe Place for Newborns of Tennessee
- Aid to Distressed Families of Appalachian Counties (ADFAC)
- Boys & Girls Club of the Smoky Mountains
- Bridge Refugee Services
- Centro Hispano
- Chattanooga Area Food Bank
- Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga, Inc. - #COVIDfeedTN
- Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee - #COVIDfeedTN
- Community Shares
- Covenant Counseling Center
- East Tennessee Regional Leadership Association, Inc.
- First Tennessee Human Resource Agency
- Free Medical Clinic of Oak Ridge
- Girl Scout Council of the Southern Appalachians, Inc.
- Greater Kingsport Family YMCA
- Hawkins County Schools
- Hospitality Pantries, Inc.
- Knoxville Habitat for Humanity
- Mooresburg Community Association
- Mountain Hope Good Shepherd Clinic, Inc.
- New Hope Blount County Children's Advocacy Center
- Of One Accord
- Pregnancy Resource Center
- Roane State Community College Foundation
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee
- Senior Citizens Home Assistance Service
- Shangri-La Therapeutic Academy of Riding (STAR)
- Spay Campbell County Tennessee Pets
- The Salvation Army
- Upper East Tennessee Human Development Agency
- United Way of Anderson County
- United Way of Blount County
- United Way Elizabethton/Carter County
- United Way of Greater Knoxville
- United Way of McMinn and Meigs Counties