Elizabethton/Carter County Community Foundation
An Affiliate Fund of East Tennessee Foundation
Elizabethton/Carter County Community Foundation (ECCF) was created through a gift from a local anonymous donor who cares deeply about Elizabethton and Carter County. The donor’s love for the community, the preservation of its history, its culture and landscape is reflected through the establishment of this permanent fund to create opportunities for others to give and join in supporting the well-being of Carter County and its citizens.
This fund will not be administering a competitive grant process in 2021. Please continue to check back with ETF.
Grant Amounts and Term
One-year grants were awarded in December 2016. Grant awards ranged from $500 to $1,560.
Who May Apply
Additional eligibility criteria specific to ECCF:
- Applicant organizations must have a local presence in Carter County; directly serve people who live in Carter County; and have Carter County citizen involvement in the organization as volunteers, staff, or board members
- Salary or administrative support must not exceed 10% of the funding requested
Areas of Focus
Successful applicants proposed projects or programs that:
- Make a significant contribution to the health and welfare of Carter County and utilize its unique assets
- Directly benefit Carter County residents
- Provide educational and cultural opportunities
- Support community or economic development, historic preservation, and/or environmental enhancement, and/or
- Build the capacity of the applicant organization and its leadership to more effectively carry out its mission
How to Apply
For questions about the Elizabethton/Carter County Community Foundation, please contact:
Jill Murphy, Regional Advancement Officer
For questions about the online grant application system, please contact:
Ashley Siferd Butler, Program Officer
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or (877) 524-1223
To Make a Donation to this Fund
Click HERE for information about making a donation to Elizabethton/Carter County Community Foundation through our automated giving site or by mailing a check.