Jefferson Health Care Foundation Fund
The Jefferson Health Care Foundation (JHCF) Fund of East Tennessee Foundation was established in 2014 as a field-of-interest fund to improve healthcare and well-being for Jefferson County residents.
The online application will be available August 9, 2021.
The deadline to submit is September 10, 2021.
Grant Amounts and Term
Grants will be awarded in fall 2021 for one-year terms and range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $50,000.
Funding requests up to $100,000 were considered for projects that require major purchases of medical equipment or other capital improvements in order to succeed.
Who May Apply
Although proposals must directly relate to the healthcare and well-being needs of Jefferson County residents, organizations do not have to reside in Jefferson County in order to be eligible to apply.
Areas of Focus
Jefferson County residents and the nonprofit organizations that serve them are facing new and emerging critical healthcare needs and well-being issues in these unprecedented times of COVID-19. Funding priorities are intentionally broad so that applicants can exercise creativity and innovation in how they define and address healthcare and well-being issues for Jefferson County residents.
Please note: Special funding consideration will be given to projects that extend healthcare and well-being opportunities to low-income and under-served residents in Jefferson County.
Example projects/programs may include those that:
- Provide affordable and accessible healthcare (i.e. physical and mental health, dental and vision care)
- Address healthcare workforce shortages that impact access to care
- Provide assistance for residents without available or reliable transportation to medical appointments and healthcare facilities
- Improve poor “health literacy” which impacts patients’ ability to understand health information and instructions
- Provide preventive services including early detection of health issues
- Address opioid drug addiction
- Purchase essential medical equipment
- Provide residents with access to affordable, healthy food, and/or gardening supplies
- Increase residents’ well-being and comfort by providing warm clothing, air conditioners, and/or heaters
- Promote healthy behaviors and lifestyles
- Provide caregiver support
How to Apply
Please direct your questions to:
Jan Elston, Vice President for Competitive Grant Programs, or
Ashley Siferd Butler, Program Officer
East Tennessee Foundation
520 W. Summit Hill Drive, Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Telephone: (865) 524-1223 or toll-free (877) 524-1223