East Tennessee Foundation Scholarships
Investing in Our Region’s Future: Empowerment Through Education
Thanks to the generosity of our donors dedicated to investing in students' futures, we administer 75 scholarship funds. East Tennessee Foundation (ETF) scholarship program requirements range from financial need to scholastic achievement. Several scholarships are targeted toward specific schools or counties, students involved in certain extracurricular activities, or those who may not display the highest scholastic rankings yet still possess great potential and motivation. Others are geared toward students pursuing a specific field, such as business or nursing.
How to Support Our Scholarships
Most 2022 materials and applications will be available in November 2021. The deadline for most applications is February 15, 2022.*
- *The Steven L. Coffey Middle College Memorial Scholarship and the Spenser F. Powell Memorial Law Scholarship applications will be available April 1, 2022, and the deadline is June 1, 2022.
The process to apply for a 2022 East Tennessee Foundation scholarship through our Common Application will be available on November 1, 2021. The Common Application will provide the simplicity of completing one application for 67 scholarships! Stand-alone applications will also be available for seven additional scholarships. Please see descriptions of our Common Application and Stand-alone applications on our How to Apply page.
Preparing to Apply for a Scholarship:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which will provide you with the Student Aid Report (SAR.) Many ETF scholarships consider the student's financial need in the selection process.
- Please Note: If you are not eligible to submit the FAFSA due to citizenship/immigration status, you may still apply for our scholarships.
- Get your most up-to-date transcript (official or unofficial.)
- Consider possible individuals to ask for a letter of recommendation, if requested.
- Carefully read the Guide to Completing Your Common Scholarship Application and/or Guide to Completing Your Stand-alone Scholarship Application.
- Carefully read the How to Apply page.
The Determination Process
Scholarship recipients are selected based upon the specific criteria of each scholarship program. Each scholarship application is reviewed for completion of all required elements. Completed applications are reviewed by members of one of the Foundation's scholarship selection committees. Committee members recommend students to receive scholarship awards. The Foundation's Board of Directors will review all recommendations and approve the awards.
Notification of Awards
If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive an award packet from ETF explaining everything you need to know about your scholarship and next steps.
ETF makes every effort to notify all applicants of their status; however, if you have not received notification by July 1, you may assume you have not been selected to receive a scholarship.
Payment of Awards
Payments are mailed directly to the recipient's school before the beginning of each semester, trimester, or school year. Checks are made payable to the school and not to the individual recipient. The scholarship recipient's account will be credited by the amount of the scholarship award.
Scholarship award amounts listed on our website are subject to change.
East Tennessee Foundation (ETF) respects, celebrates, and encourages diversity that positively contributes to our community. ETF is an equal opportunity provider of services and employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, age, disability, covered veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ETF encourages its grantee and partner organizations to adhere to these principles.