UNDERSTANDING THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Applications for most 2022 scholarships will be available November 1, 2021.
The deadline to apply for most scholarships is February 15, 2022.
- Our Common Application is used for 67 of our scholarship opportunities.
- Completing the Common Application is the first step to applying for our scholarships.
- Based on your answers to eligibility questions in our Common Application, you will see a list of East Tennessee Foundation (ETF) scholarships for which you are eligible to apply.
- You will then need to answer additional questions in order to complete the applications for the specific scholarships listed.
- Note: If after completing the Common Application, you believe you should have been eligible for additional scholarships, contact Beth Heller at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ashley Siferd Butler at email@example.com.
- There are seven additional individual scholarships that require separate stand-alone applications, including:
- Howard H. Baker Medical Scholarship: for medical students
- Steven L. Coffey Middle College Memorial Scholarship: for high school students in Roane State Community College's Middle College program
- Candace Mast Veterinary Medicine Scholarship: for veterinary students
- Spenser F. Powell Memorial Law Scholarship: for law students
- Randall Stout Memorial Scholarship: for architecture students
- Haley Elise Van Pelt Scholarship: for intellectually or developmentally disabled students to attend inclusive post-secondary programs
- Oak Ridge Rotary Club Brad Sturm Memorial Essay Contest: for graduating high school seniors of Oak Ridge High School
- If after reviewing the scholarship descriptions you would like to apply for these scholarships, you must complete and submit the corresponding application. Review the Guide to Completing Your Stand-alone Scholarship Application.
How to Apply for East Tennessee Foundation Scholarships
- Carefully read the Guide to Completing Your Common Scholarship Application and/or Guide to Completing Your Stand-alone Scholarship Application.
- All ETF applications are to be completed online, except the Tennessee Judicial Conference Fund Scholarships.
- Click the "Apply Now" link below to access the applications.
- Applications may be completed in a single sitting or saved as a draft and finished later. Save your draft applications regularly as you work to avoid loss of data!
- Submit your application(s) before the deadline.
To upload attachments to an application, follow directions in the Guide to Completing Your Common Scholarship Application and/or Guide to Completing Your Stand-alone Scholarship Application. Be sure to save your application each time you upload documents, and always double check to make sure all your documents uploaded correctly.
Student Aid Report (SAR):
The Student Aid Report (SAR) is the report that is sent to students who have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Click here to see an example SAR. The information you report on your FAFSA is used to calculate your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), which appears in the upper right-hand corner of the first page of your SAR.
The FAFSA for 2022 is available at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa on October 1, 2021.
Please Note: If you are not eligible to submit a FAFSA due to citizenship/immigration status, you may still apply for our scholarships! Please contact Beth Heller at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Letter of Recommendation:
If you are asked for a Letter of Recommendation, follow directions in the Guide to Completing Your Common Scholarship Application and/or Guide to Completing Your Stand-alone Scholarship Application. Letters of Recommendation submitted for your application are uploaded directly from your recommender.
An Application is not ready to submit until:
- All required questions/fields have been completed;
- All required attachments have been uploaded; and
- If applicable, required contact information for the Letter of Recommendation has been entered and the email sent.
- Note: While you may submit your application before your Letter of Recommendation is uploaded, your application is not complete until your letter has been received.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Click the "Submit" button once your application is completed.
- Consider your answers to be your way of introducing yourself to the reviewers.
- Take your time! You have the ability to logout and login as you please. Be sure to save your draft applications when you logout to avoid loss of data!
- Give yourself enough time to complete the applications without having to rush.
- Proof your answers!