B & W Y-12 Scholarship
Purpose and History
Established in 2004 for the benefit of graduating high school seniors wishing to pursue careers in science or pre-engineering fields.
$1,400 one-time award for one year
- Residency Requirement: Anderson, Blount, Campbell, Claiborne, Cocke, Knox (TN), Loudon, Morgan, Roane, or Sevier County
- Education Requirement: Graduating high school seniors
- Field of Study: Science, for example, bio-medical engineering, environmental science, physics, chemistry, or pre-engineering.
Please note: This scholarship is not intended for those seeking to be health care professionals or educators.
- GPA Minimum: 3.0
- College/Enrollment Requirement: Full-time enrollment at Roane State Community College, Pellissippi State Community College, Walters State Community College, Tennessee Technological University, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, or Maryville College
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Additional Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence