Debbie Van Cleave Scholarship
Purpose and History
Established by her parents in memory of Debbie Van Cleave, an East Tennessee award winning artist whose talent in pottery was not diminished by the fact that she was blind. The scholarship is intended to benefit legally blind students pursuing higher education.
$1,400 one-time award for one year
- Residency Requirement: East Tennessee Foundation’s 25 county service area and students enrolled in the Tennessee School for the Blind whose permanent residence is in the 25 county service area may apply.
- Education Requirement: Graduating high school senior, current college/university student, GED recipient, and returning adult student
- Field of Study: Not applicable
- GPA Minimum: Not applicable
- College/Enrollment Requirement: Part-time or full-time enrollment at a not-for-profit accredited college, university, community college, or career and technical post-secondary program
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Additional Requirements: Applicants must be blind with vision of 20/200 or less AFTER correction and/or visual field reduced to 20 degrees or less (statement from eye doctor of applicant’s current vision required).
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE ACCESSING THE ONLINE APPLICATION, CONTACT BETH HELLER toll free at (877) 524-1223 FOR ALTERNATIVE FORMAT.