Joe R. and Kathy K. May Scholarship
Purpose and History
Established in 2020 to provide financial assistance to students who may not display the highest scholastic rankings, yet possess potential and motivation, as they pursue their dream of obtaining a college education.
$2,000 one-time award for one year
- Residency Requirement: Anderson, Blount, Grainger, Jefferson, Knox, Loudon, Roane, Sevier, or Union counties in TN for a minimum of two years
- Education Requirement: Graduating high school seniors, current college students, GED recipients, and returning adult students. Preference given to graduates of West High School, Knox County, TN
- GPA: 2.7 preferred, but not required
- College/Enrollment Requirement: Full-time enrollment at an accredited not-for-profit two-year (Community College) or four-year public or private college/university in Tennessee. Preference will be given to students who are enrolled or plan to enroll at Carson-Newman University.
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Additional Requirement:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Preference given to first generation students