Josey Baker Memorial Scholarship
Purpose and History
Established in memory of Josey Baker to assist students from Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
$2,500 one-time award for one year
- Residency Requirement: Must be residents of one of the following counties in Tennessee: Carter, Greene, Hancock, Hawkins, Johnson, Sullivan, Unicoi, Washington OR one of the following counties in Virginia: Scott, Washington.
- Education Requirement: Graduating high school senior, current undergraduate freshman, current undergraduate sophomore, current undergraduate junior
- GPA Minimum: 3.0 (high school or college)
- Field of Study Requirement: Agriculture or construction-related area
- College/Enrollment Requirement: Full-time enrollment in an accredited, not-for-profit two-year, four-year college or university, or career and technical post-secondary program. (Preference given to students seeking post-secondary education in Tennessee or Virginia.)
- Financial need preferred, but not required