Lawrence Strader Boy Scouts of America Scholarship
Purpose and History
Established in 2010 to provide scholarship assistance to low-income members of Boy Scouts of America, Great Smoky Mountain Council.
$5,000 per year for four years
- Residency Requirement: Anderson, Blount, Campbell, Claiborne, Cocke, Cumberland, Fentress, Grainger, Hamblen, Jefferson, Knox (TN), Loudon, McMinn, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan, Pickett, Roane, Scott, Sevier, or Union County
- Education Requirement: Graduating senior
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- GPA Minimum: 2.5
- College/Enrollment Requirement: Full-time enrollment at an accredited, public or private, not-for-profit college or university
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Additional Requirement: Currently registered member of Boy Scouts of America, Great Smoky Mountain Council, with a minimum of three years participation as a Boy Scout or an Eagle Scout who was a registered member of Boy Scouts of America, Great Smoky Mountain Council for at least three years.
- Please Note: Female applicants welcome to apply