Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame Jeff Byrd Memorial Scholarship
Purpose and History
Established to provide scholarship assistance to rising undergraduate junior and seniors pursuing a sports related field of study.
$2,650 one-time award for one year
- Residency Requirement: Resident of Tennessee
- Education Requirement: Rising undergraduate juniors or seniors
- Field of Study: Sports related field, including, but not limited to: athletic training, sports management, sports information, coaching, sports science/nutrition, sports journalism, physical therapy IF intending to work with athletes.
- GPA Minimum: Not Applicable
- College/Enrollment Requirement: Full-time enrollment at an accredited not-for-profit public or private college or university in Tennessee
- Financial Need: Some financial need preferred
- Additional Requirement: Participation in athletic activity and community service experience preferred